FactSet Data Exploration combines the power of the Microsoft Azure cloud with the content of the Open:FactSet Marketplace, offering a streamlined way to explore and evaluate new ideas. Instantly interact with data from the Marketplace in a fully hosted environment that includes industry-standard databases, programming languages (Python and R), and data visualization tools. FactSet Data Exploration eliminates the cost of trialing data locally by providing everything needed to analyze new content with a simple log in. The environment is also available for purchase as an annual subscription.
- Take advantage of a direct, secure connection to a Microsoft Azure hosted SQL Server database to seamlessly query Open:FactSet datafeeds without the need for dedicated infrastructure. Multiple sizing options allow you to select the scale that fits your team's requirements.
- Easily upload to and download from the Azure hosted database. Integrate the Open:FactSet data with your own internal applications and servers or build your own data warehouse in the cloud. Use the data analysis tools you work with every day to interact directly with FactSet, third-party, and internal data.
- Advance from discovery (via Open:FactSet Marketplace), to trial, to implementation with Managed Database Service. Use MDS in conjunction with, or independent from, FactSet's Data Exploration product to trial datafeeds or to implement them in a local production manner.
- Solution Details
- FactSet's Managed Database Service (MDS) is the next iteration of its Data Exploration product, allowing users to connect directly to a Microsoft SQL Server database hosted in Microsoft Azure. This environment enables users to access all purchased or trialed Open:FactSet datafeeds without worrying about in-house infrastructure or procurement.
- Firm Information
- FactSet creates data and technology solutions for investment professionals around the world, providing instant access to financial data and analytics that investors use to make crucial decisions. We combine our unique proprietary datasets, your in-house data, and third-party unstructured data to help you see and seize opportunity sooner.
- Community Discussion
Recent additions to the marketplace: Subscribe for updates last activity Oct 09, 2020 6:29 pm
Pairing Liquidity Risk and Total Corporate Debt to Find Signals in the Fixed Income Market last activity Sep 01, 2020 9:12 am
AI/NLP STOCK SCREENER +15.55% Change in News last activity Jun 16, 2020 3:59 pm
Now, where the heck to PUT that data? last activity Dec 01, 2019 5:59 am
AI Stock Screener - Change In News +28.70% - NLP last activity Sep 17, 2019 11:30 am