The ISS ESG Corporate Rating provides a highly relevant, material, sector-specific and forward-looking assessment of a company’s environmental, social and governance performance. The methodology has been established and refined for more than 25 years to deliver high-quality and in-depth research on public and private companies' sustainability performances. The Prime Status label is awarded to companies that meet specific minimum standards in successfully managing sustainability-related risks and opportunities and achieve the best ESG scores among their sector peers.
ISS ESG Sustainability (SDG) Solutions AssessmentData Feed by Institutional Shareholder Services (ISS)
Added as Candidate: Aug. 19, 2019
This product is in the review and/or onboarding process towards full availability. It is not currently available for purchase via FactSet.
- Assess how a company’s products or services contribute to or obstruct 15 sustainability objectives, such as mitigating climate change, delivering education, and alleviating poverty.
- Perform inclusion or exclusion screening on companies that provide solutions for or obstruct specific sustainability challenges, such as climate change, water conservation, or gender equality.
- Use the ratings model outputs of revenue percentages, objective scores and Sustainability Solutions scores for risk management, portfolio construction, screening, engagement, or proxy voting strategies.
- Feed Coverage
Region Count Type Start Date Global 5,200 Entities 2017 Asia 1,050 Enitites 2018 Europe & South Africa 1,750 Entities 2017 North America 2,000 Entities 2017 Pacific 330 Entities 2018 South America 100 Entities 2018
- Feed Details
- The ISS ESG Sustainability (SDG) Solutions Assessment enables investors to assess the positive or negative impact that a company's product and service portfolio has towards achieving the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The Sustainability Solutions Score provides an aggregated assessment of each company's product portfolio, taking into account a company's most distinct impacts.
- Firm Information
- ISS is the world's leading provider of corporate governance and responsible investment (RI) solutions for asset owners, asset managers, and hedge funds. ISS' solutions include: objective governance research and recommendations; RI data, analytics, and research; end-to-end proxy voting solutions; turnkey securities class actions claims management; and reliable global governance data and modeling tools. Clients rely on ISS' expertise to help them make informed corporate governance decisions.
- Additional Research
- ESG Review 2019: The State of Play of Corporate Responsibility