Get a 360-degree view of a company's diverse businesses. Our unique multi-sector, variable-depth classification system groups companies with up to three times the depth found in conventional industry classification systems. When fully expanded, the Hierarchy has over 7,000 sector and product groups, providing the precision needed to understand companies in a multi-dimensional manner.
- Access the fourteen by six matrix structure, consisting of 12 anchor industries and two specialty industries
- Leverage the patented bottom-up approach of classifying companies according to the products and services offers unparalleled level of precision and granularity
- Create accurate and granular peer groups and identify multi-industry competitors based on a company’s detail product offering
- Feed Coverage
Region Count Type Start Date Africa 1,200 Entities 2012 Asia 24,000 Entities 2011 Europe 14,500 Entities 2011 Latin America 2,000 Entities 2009 Middle East 2,900 Entities 2010 North America 17,800 Entities 2003 Pacific 2,700 Entities 2014
- Feed Details
- Get a comprehensive structured taxonomy to classify companies by what they primarily do. FactSet Revere Business Industry Classification System (RBICS) delivers a granular view for investors by classifying companies using a bottom-up approach according to the products and services they provide. By combining this approach with a top-level grouping based on companies’ behavior similarities and stock co-movement, FactSet RBICS delivers unprecedented precision for 1,400+ sector groups.
- Firm Information
- FactSet creates data and technology solutions for investment professionals around the world, providing instant access to financial data and analytics that investors use to make crucial decisions. We combine our unique proprietary datasets, your in-house data, and third-party unstructured data to help you see and seize opportunity sooner.
- At a Glance
- FactSet Revere Business Industry Classifications DataFeed
- Additional Research
- Clean Energy Policy Shifts Unlikely to Stifle Sector’s Expansion
As GE Restructures, Spin Offs Could Bring Focus
California Urges Complicated Coal Divestment
- Community Discussion