Get a comprehensive structured taxonomy to classify companies by what they primarily do. FactSet Revere Business Industry Classification System (RBICS) delivers a granular view for investors by classifying companies using a bottom-up approach according to the products and services they provide. By combining this approach with a top-level grouping based on companies’ behavior similarities and stock co-movement, FactSet RBICS delivers unprecedented precision for 1,400+ sector groups.
- Delve beyond simplistic company-level peer groups to reveal product-level competitors.
- Create a robust framework for NLP-based analysis by integrating unstructured or alternative content associated with a particular product, service or brand.
- Uncover the true market landscape exposed through the interactions of companies’ complete multi-sector profiles.
- Feed Coverage
Region Count Type Start Date Africa 1,200 Entities 2012 Asia 24,000 Entities 2011 Europe 14,500 Entities 2011 Latin America 2,000 Entities 2009 Middle East 2,900 Entities 2010 North America 17,800 Entities 2003 Pacific 2,700 Entities 2014
- Feed Details
- RBICS with Tradenames maps over 170,000 products, services and brands (a.k.a. Tradenames) to the granular sectors of the FactSet Revere Business Industry Classification System taxonomy, resulting in a multi-sector participation map for each company. Whereas RBICS with Revenue offers quantified multi-sector exposure based on a company’s segment disclosures, RBICS with Tradenames provides a comprehensive view of sector participation at the product level.
- Firm Information
- FactSet creates data and technology solutions for investment professionals around the world, providing instant access to financial data and analytics that investors use to make crucial decisions. We combine our unique proprietary datasets, your in-house data, and third-party unstructured data to help you see and seize opportunity sooner.
- Community Discussion
From recent FactSet Insight article: https://insight.factset.com/4-alternative-data-take-aways-from-factsets-experts FOUR ALTERNATIVE DATA TAKEAWAYS FROM FACTSET’S EXPERTS https://insight.factset.com/topic/data-science-and-technology DATA SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY Over the spring and summer, FactSet...
In August of 2018, the Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation published an https://corpgov.law.harvard.edu/2018/08/16/the-misplaced-focus-of-the-iss-policy-on-nol-poison-pills/ article discussing the differences between traditional poison pills and poison pills ...
Change your status on this post from image to image to receive monthly email updates to our marketplace! (Must be logged in to change status and to receive updates.) March 2019 Quantitative Solutions https://open.factset.com/products/quantopian-enterprise/en-us Quantopian Enterprise : Streamline ...
Combing FactSet’s https://open.factset.com/products/factset-global-sanctions/en-us Global Sanctions and https://open.factset.com/products/factset-supply-chain-relationships/en-us Supply Chain Relationships DataFeeds let’s you perform the proper due diligence to not only identify entities directly...
FactSet is relatively new to external cloud computing. Historically, we have always done things within our own datacenters and with our own in-house built software. That has changed dramatically in the past few years as we embrace third party cloud providers such as Microsoft and open sourced sof...