FactSet’s corporate activism database, SharkRepellent, allows you to monitor and analyze corporate activism with data items related to poison pills, significant activism reported in SEC filings and news sources, and key takeover defenses compiled from articles of incorporation, bylaws, and other publicly available sources. Data Frequency: Event; Update Frequency: Intraday.
- Access unadjusted history and insider transactions that provide as-reported positions for active and terminated securities and holders.
- Get more accurate institutional and manager aggregations with shareholder identification and entity relationships.
- Rely on accurate free-float data that represents shares truly available in the market.
- Feed Coverage
Holder Count Type Start Date Mutual Funds 103,000 Entities 1999 Institutions 6,920 Entities 1999 Managing Institutions 6,710 Entities 1999 Subfiler Institutions 6,920 Entities 1999 Insiders 190,000 Entities 2003 Stakeholders 728,000 Entities 1999
- Feed Details
- FactSet’s Ownership data provides institutional, mutual fund, stakeholder, and float-related share ownership information for equities and fixed income securities worldwide from company and institutional filings, investor reports, and press releases. Updated daily, this database provides 17+ years of history across 120 countries. Data Frequency: Quarterly; Update Frequency: Daily.
- Firm Information
- FactSet creates data and technology solutions for investment professionals around the world, providing instant access to financial data and analytics that investors use to make crucial decisions. We combine our unique proprietary datasets, your in-house data, and third-party unstructured data to help you see and seize opportunity sooner.
- At a Glance
- FactSet Ownership: At A Glance
- Additional Research
- Empirical Research Partners Webcast: Mining Ownership Data and Conference Call Transcripts
Empirical Research Partners: Quant Hedge Funds - Menacing Machines?
Empirical Research Partners: Passive Aggressive Behavior - The Impact of Passive Ownership on Stock Selection
- Community Discussion