Get a comprehensive structured taxonomy to classify companies by what they primarily do. FactSet Revere Business Industry Classification System (RBICS) delivers a granular view for investors by classifying companies using a bottom-up approach according to the products and services they provide. By combining this approach with a top-level grouping based on companies’ behavior similarities and stock co-movement, FactSet RBICS delivers unprecedented precision for 1,400+ sector groups.
Company ESG and Financial Sentiment DisclosuresData Feed by Data Simply
Added as Candidate: Jan. 26, 2019
This product is in the review and/or onboarding process towards full availability. It is not currently available for purchase via FactSet.
- Leverage quantified sentiment and frequency measures to easily integrate ESG and financial risks gleaned from text in company documents into your fundamental analysis. Rely on primary source information and avoid hearsay or social misinformation.
- Correlate ESG with traditional financial investment signals. Discover how ESG complements standard fundamental factors for your portfolio or sector, and how companies are improving over time. Continuously track your portfolio, sector or keyword and be alerted when changes occur.
- Deep dive into data on climate change, fossil fuels, governance, ATF, social workplace and more to screen and select the opportunities, sectors, and portfolios that matter to you. Incorporate financial sentiment to uncover positive and negative risks from company text. Data Simply uses over 200 keywords in their curated ontology to reveal important topics as well as frequency counts that help to identify trends and assign weightings.
- Feed Coverage
Top 7 Sectors (Tracks Russell 3000) Count Type Start Date Technology 670 Securities 2016 Financial Services 460 Securities 2016 Health Care 430 Securities 2016 Consumer Cyclical 370 Securities 2016 Industrials 320 Securites 2016 Consumer Defensive 190 Securities 2016 Energy 170 Securities 2016
- Feed Details
- Data Simply collects, scrubs, verifies and continually updates data in near real-time from published company disclosures at the SEC for the Russell 3000 group of tickers. They distill ESG (environmental, social and governance) and financial signal data from the words in these documents using custom ontologies to create a consolidated and comprehensive dataset.
- Firm Information
- Data Simply provides investors better, faster ESG and financial signal data using data science. Quickly and easily extract meaningful insights from data by turning unstructured data (text) into investment signals. Leverage emerging technology around machine intelligence to drive growth. Reduce technology risk by letting Data Simply deliver both raw and processed data that can be seamlessly incorporated into existing models.