This product is in the review and/or onboarding process towards full availability. It is not currently available via FactSet.
- Enhance models with unique US public company data relating to headcount, cash contributions, and benefits coverage. This data is typically uncorrelated with Fama-French market & fundamental factors (e.g., market cap, size, volatility) and have Sharpe ratios of 1.5 - 2.0. Gain access to precise employment, cash expenditures & industry classification as reported to the IRS in addition to revenue & EBITDA estimated from IRS reports for US private companies with employee benefits.
- Identify short selling signals for public companies using data such as delinquency in IRS payments relating to benefits & pensions, downward trends in headcount & cash contributions, cutbacks in payroll & benefits, and amendments to prior filings. Analyze similar growth & credit metrics for US private companies with employee benefits.
- Leverage the fact that the same information is available on both public and private companies for better comparable and valuation analysis. Build lists based on industry, revenue, EBITDA, and growth to enhance prospecting efforts . Uncover industry trends & perform deeper market share analysis. Incorporate quantitative measures of company generosity with welfare & retirement plans into ESG models.
- Feed Details
- Access over 250 data items sourced directly from filings submitted to the IRS and US Dept of Labor.
The public company universe includes all US public companies & US subsidiaries of global companies with employee benefit plans (e.g., healthcare, 401k, profit sharing) representing roughly 4,000 entities. Data is point in time, collected monthly, and covers all sectors as all U.S. legal entities must file subject to the same federal regulations.
The private company universe consists of over 1 million US private companies with employee benefit plans, accounting for over 90% of US employment. Companies that do not offer employee benefits tend to be very small, typically having just 1 employee (the business owner).
- Firm Information
- BizQualify provides verifiable business information and financial metrics by leveraging Form 5500 filings with the IRS & US Dept of Labor, covering retirement and welfare benefit plans for 1M companies with 100M employees (9 out of 10 employees in the US). The algorithms are US patent-pending. BQ data covers employment trends, credit events, and ESG (governance) issues and is used across equities, fixed income, macro, and munis, as well as private equity and investment banking.