FactSet’s Ownership data provides institutional, mutual fund, stakeholder, and float-related share ownership information for equities and fixed income securities worldwide from company and institutional filings, investor reports, and press releases. Updated daily, this database provides 17+ years of history across 120 countries. Data Frequency: Quarterly; Update Frequency: Daily.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the potential reputational risk facing a company. The GC Score provides a normative assessment of each company based on the principles of the United Nations Global Compact (Human Rights, Labor Rights, Environment and Anti-Corruption).
- Identify companies that are better positioned to outperform over the long run. The ESG Score is based on a sector specific analysis of each company’s performance on financially material environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues.
- Assess how corporations report on greenhouse gas emissions and contribute to global temperature rise through the Temperature™ Score. All three scores can be used with the Preference Filter, which provides a better understanding of each company’s business activities through analysis of revenue streams.
- Feed Coverage
Region Count Type Start Date Africa 190 Entities 2005 Asia 2,350 Entities 2003 Europe 2,270 Entities 2003 Latin America 260 Entities 2003 Middle East 140 Entities 2003 North America 3,870 Entities 2003 Pacific 560 Entities 2003
- Feed Details
- The Arabesque S-Ray® Score Layer data feed provides four lenses for analysis on the sustainability of the world’s largest corporations by way of the GC Score, ESG Score, Preferences Filter, and Temperature™ Score. The Feature layer data feed serves as the building blocks for the GC and ESG scores and provides even more insight into a company’s sustainability performance on 22 well-defined sustainability topics.
Through big data and machine learning, these scores, covering over 9,600 companies, combine over 200 ESG metrics with news signals from over 30,000 sources across 170 countries. The Temperature score is built from publicly disclosed greenhouse gas emissions data and covers over 3,100 companies.
- Firm Information
- Founded in 2013 following a management buyout from Barclays Bank, Arabesque has been built in cooperation with leading academics from universities including Harvard, Stanford, Oxford and Cambridge. Their proprietary technology, Arabesque S-Ray®, allows investors to measure the sustainability of thousands of companies worldwide. The tool applies a quantitative and algorithmic approach to ESG data, empowering all stakeholders to make better decisions for a more sustainable future.
- Documentation/Additional Information
- S-Ray Introduction Booklet
Temperature Score Presentation
Webcast: The Current State Of Carbon Data - What Does It Mean For Investors?
Webcast: ESG - From Trend To Compulsion
- At a Glance
- Arabesque S-Ray®
- Additional Research
- S-Ray® Flyer
J.P. Morgan: Sustainable Investing is Moving Mainstream
Macquarie: ESG – Finding the glove that fits
- Community Discussion
The World Beyond Coronavirus: Is It Time For A Global Renaissance? last activity Jun 16, 2020 9:27 am
Webinar with Georg Kell: Ignoring Science Carries Steep Costs last activity May 06, 2020 9:26 am
Integrate ESG into a portfolio last activity May 04, 2020 12:22 pm
Speech given by Mark Carney, Governor Bank of England - "A New Horizon" last activity Mar 25, 2019 1:24 pm
Machine Learning and Big Data Enable A Quantitative Approach to ESG Investing last activity Jan 10, 2019 8:03 am