FactSet’s Ownership data provides institutional, mutual fund, stakeholder, and float-related share ownership information for equities and fixed income securities worldwide from company and institutional filings, investor reports, and press releases. Updated daily, this database provides 17+ years of history across 120 countries. Data Frequency: Quarterly; Update Frequency: Daily.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the potential reputational risk facing a company. S-Ray is the first to quantify the GC Score based on a normative assessment of the principles of the United Nations Global Compact (Human Rights, Labour Rights, Environment and Anti-Corruption).
- Identify companies that are better positioned to outperform over the long run. The ESG Score is based on a sector specific analysis of each company’s performance on financially material environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues.
- Assess how corporations report on greenhouse gas emissions and contribute to global temperature rise through the Temperature™ Score's 2030 and 2050 degree pathway scenarios, complemented by indicators on a trend in decreasing emissions, a target to comply with the Paris Agreement and a scope 3 flag to highlight its disclosure. All three scores can be used with the Preference Filter, flagging business involvement in 13 controversial activities (e.g. Tobacco, Nuclear, Weapons, GMO etc.).
- Feed Coverage
Region Count Type Start Date Africa 500 Entities 2005 Asia 14,780 Entities 2003 Europe 5,580 Entities 2003 Latin America 630 Entities 2003 Middle East 950 Entities 2003 North America 7,540 Entities 2003 Pacific 1,230 Entities 2003
- Feed Details
- The Arabesque S-Ray® data feed provides four lenses for analysis on the sustainability of 8,000 of the world’s largest corporations through the GC Score, ESG Score, Preferences Filter, and Temperature™ Score. The additional Feature layer data feed serves as the building blocks for the GC and ESG scores and provides even more insight into a company’s sustainability performance through scores on 22 well-defined sustainability topics.
Through big data and machine learning, these scores combine over 250 ESG metrics from company reports with daily news signals from over 30,000 sources across 170 countries and NGO campaigns. The Temperature score is built from publicly disclosed greenhouse gas emissions data and covers over 3,100 companies.
- Firm Information
- Founded in 2013 following a management buyout from Barclays Bank, Arabesque has been built in cooperation with leading academics from universities including Harvard, Stanford, Oxford and Cambridge. Their proprietary technology, Arabesque S-Ray®, allows investors to measure the sustainability of thousands of companies worldwide. The tool applies a quantitative and algorithmic approach to ESG data, empowering all stakeholders to make better decisions for a more sustainable future.
- Documentation/Additional Information
- S-Ray Introductory Booklet
Temperature Score Presentation
Webcast: The Current State Of Carbon Data - What Does It Mean For Investors?
Webcast: ESG - From Trend To Compulsion
- Community Discussion
The World Beyond Coronavirus: Is It Time For A Global Renaissance? last activity Jun 16, 2020 9:27 am
Webinar with Georg Kell: Ignoring Science Carries Steep Costs last activity May 06, 2020 9:26 am
Integrate ESG into a portfolio last activity May 04, 2020 12:22 pm
Speech given by Mark Carney, Governor Bank of England - "A New Horizon" last activity Mar 25, 2019 1:24 pm
Machine Learning and Big Data Enable A Quantitative Approach to ESG Investing last activity Jan 10, 2019 8:03 am