FactSet’s Ownership data provides institutional, mutual fund, stakeholder, and float-related share ownership information for equities and fixed income securities worldwide from company and institutional filings, investor reports, and press releases. Updated daily, this database provides 17+ years of history across 120 countries. Data Frequency: Quarterly; Update Frequency: Daily.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the potential reputational risk facing a company. The GC Score provides a normative assessment of each company based on the principles of the United Nations Global Compact (Human Rights, Labor Rights, Environment and Anti-Corruption).
- Identify companies that are better positioned to outperform over the long run. The ESG Score is based on a sector specific analysis of each company’s performance on financially material environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues.
- Align investments with personal choice through the Preferences Filter, which provides a better understanding of each company’s business activities through analysis of revenue streams.
- Feed Coverage
Region Count Type Start Date Africa 180 Entities 2012 Asia 1,760 Entities 2005 Europe 1,920 Entities 2003 Latin America 190 Entities 2011 Middle East 100 Entities 2011 North America 3,330 Entities 2003 Pacific 530 Entities 2010
- Feed Details
- The Arabesque S-Ray® Score Layer data feed provides three lenses for analysis on the sustainability of approximately 7,000 of the world’s largest corporations by way of the GC Score, ESG Score and Preferences Filter. The newly added Feature layer data feed serves as the building blocks for the GC and ESG scores and provides even more insight into a company’s sustainability performance on 22 well-defined sustainability topics. Through big data and machine learning, the tool systematically combines over 250 environmental, social and governance (ESG) metrics with news signals from over 50,000 sources across 20 languages, enabling you to make better informed financial decisions. Data Frequency: Daily; Update Frequency: Daily.
- Firm Information
- Founded in 2013 following a management buyout from Barclays Bank, Arabesque has been built in cooperation with leading academics from universities including Harvard, Stanford, Oxford and Cambridge. Their proprietary technology, Arabesque S-Ray®, allows investors to measure the sustainability of thousands of companies worldwide. The tool applies a quantitative and algorithmic approach to ESG data, empowering all stakeholders to make better decisions for a more sustainable future.
- Documentation/Additional Information
- Data Methodology
- At a Glance
- Arabesque S-Ray®
- Additional Research
- S-Ray® factsheet
J.P. Morgan: Sustainable Investing is Moving Mainstream
- Community Discussion
We are pleased to highlight this recent speech given by Mark Carney, Governor Bank of England, titled “A New Horizon” presented at the European Commission Conference: A global approach to sustainable finance, on March 21, 2019. The full link to the speech can be found here: https://www.bankofengl...
Andreas Feiner, CEO of Arabesque S-Ray®, has contributed to the CFA Institute of Research latest Research Brief, entitled “Mainstreaming Sustainable Investing.” His brief focuses on the diverse motivations driving investors towards sustainable investing and the different approaches and strategies...
In our opinion, machine learning is shaking up the world of finance. What was once the preserve of technology firms, the financial industry is starting to embrace such advancements in technology, changing the global market landscape forever. By leveraging machine learning, we are able to take an ...
FactSet partnered with Coleman Parkes to survey Heads/Directors/VPs of Quantitative Analysis, Senior Quantitative Analysts, Data Scientists, and Chief Data Officers. https://insight.factset.com/the-future-of-quantitative-analysis-data-sources insight.factset.com https://insight.factset.com/the-fu...