Market sentiment news analysis that covers 110,000+ public companies worldwide. Algorithms trained by buy-side research analysts replicate their own analysis of news items, which yields a more accurate and consistent classification across a deep history of news stories. This product helps quantitative researchers and compliance professionals better understand and explore the impact of news and provide more clarity on trade activity. Data Frequency: Intraday; Update Frequency: Intraday.
Alexandria Text Analytics - CommodityData Feed by Alexandria Technology
Added as Candidate: Jan. 08, 2019
This product is in the review and/or onboarding process towards full availability. It is not currently available for purchase via FactSet.
- Enhance your investment analysis with global coverage of commodity-related news that you can turn into a top-down factor.
- Consistently capture sentiment and topics to forecast risk, direction and volatility.
- Leap beyond lexicon and price-derived NLP. Alexandria’s programs can match a professional investment analyst with >91% accuracy, processing each article in 1/10th the blink of an eye, across the thousands of news stories published every day from around the world.
- Feed Coverage
Group Count Type Start Date Commodities 47 Macro Commodity Groups 2000 News Events & Topics 4 Event IDs 2000
- Feed Details
- Alexandria’s Global Commodity dataset is the application of their proprietary algorithms on commodity-related news. Each article is summarized into a record of structured data which includes the type of commodity, the topic or news event, and the overall sentiment of the article based on their AI analyst’s assessment on how it will affect that commodity (positive impact, negative impact or neutral/no impact).
- Firm Information
- Alexandria Technology creates proprietary machine learning algorithms that classify text for entities, events/topics, sentiment, and more. Launched in 2012, Alexandria’s classification systems have been trained by research analysts and portfolio managers, creating an AI analyst that reads text like a human but performs with the speed and consistency of a machine.
- Community Discussion